This module measures light intensity and shows it on a scale from 0 to 782 on the LED display. By multiplying that value with 5, and then divide by 127 you get the light intensity in µW/cm2. If the light intensity rises over or falls below (configurable) the set point; the output activates, with a hysteresis of +-25. The module has two outputs; a constant and a pulse. The constant output can be used to drive e.g. a relay, while the pulse can communicate with other equipment. Powered by: 9-24V.
Table of content
The set point is adjusted using the (on)-off-(on) switches, when adjusting; the display shows this instead of the real value. It is stored in EEPROM making it non-volatile, meaning that it is not lost if the module is without power.
Formula to calculate light intensity
Value * 5 --------- = uW/cm2 (+- 0.039) 127
In reality only one digit is shown at any given time, but by cycling through them in high speed the human eye sees three stable digits.
When DP x is lit:
- The set value is shown, not the real value.
- Output is active.
- Set point has not yet been saved to EEPROM.
- PC.0 Light sensor, analog value
- PC.1 Set point up
- PC.2 Set point down
- PC.3 Active when over or under set point
- PB.0 LED-display digit 1
- PB.1 LED-display digit 2
- PB.2 LED-display digit 3
- PB.3 Output constant
- PB.4 Output pulse
LED display pins
- PortD.0 LED-display A
- PortD.1 LED-display B
- PortD.2 LED-display C
- PortD.3 LED-display D
- PortD.4 LED-display E
- PortD.5 LED-display F
- PortD.6 LED-display G
- PortD.7 LED-display DP
D-Sub 9-pin connector
- 9-24V +
- Output constant
- Output pulse
Measures light intensity and shows the value on a LED display, written with BASCOM-AVR. Last pushed 1 month ago.
- Mood light (RBG) with 100 mA outputs
- Mood light (RGB) controller with 500mA outputs
- Fan and temperature controller with LCD
- Electronic switch with 4 channels and voltage regulator
- Warning strobe light controller
- Created Mar 13, 2007
- Last modified 4 days ago
- Project status: Completed