Feb 08, 15 Thomas Jensen 10 Images Code Schematics Parts
This module was built for a production equipment at my previous workplace, it made it possible for an operator to silence an alarm without resolving it. Fixing an error could take some time and having the alarm horn sound during that period was very annoying, so many operators removed the alarm relay. This was unfortunate because it was not always put back, so the next alarm situation could go unnoticed. This module would silence the alarm, but still reactive it once the situation had been resolved. Eliminating the need to remove the alarm relay. Powered by: 9-24V.
Table of content
When an alarm situation occurs the red LED flashes and the production alarm sounds, by pressing “reset alarm” the voltage to the sound alarm is cut. The red LED lights continuously when the alarm is reset. When the alarm situation is resolved the red LED turns off and the voltage to the sound alarm is restored. When a new fault occurs the procedure is repeated.
During maintenance or other work where multiple alarms are expected; the module can be put in service mode. This will disable the alarm horn for 1.5 hours, after which the module will return to normal operation. Service mode is aborted if the “reset alarm” button is pressed.
Enter service mode
- No alarms must be present or silenced.
- Press and hold the “reset alarm” button for 20 seconds.
- Alarm LED will flash, let go of the “reset alarm” button within one second.
- The power LED will start flashing quickly to indicate that service mode is active.
- PD.0 Reset button
- PD.1 Stack lights signal
- PB.0 Red LED
- PB.1 Power LED
- PB.2 Stack lights relay N.O
D-Sub 9-pins connector
- Stack lights in + (to optoisolator)
- Stack lights in - (to optoisolator)
- Stack lights relay +
- Stack lights relay - N.O
- Signal from internal reset button (With resistor)
- 24V supply voltage
- Red : + (D-sub 1)
- Blue : - (D-sub 2)
- Status LEDs
- Red : + Red LED
- Green : + Green LED
- Signal from stack lights
- Red : + (D-sub 3)
- Blue : - (D-sub 4)
- GND to LEDs and switch
- 24V to stack lights relay (D-sub 5)
- GND to stack lights relay (D-sub 6)
Simple unit to silence the audible alarm on a production equipment, written with BASCOM-AVR.
- Project: Alarm disabling unit for production equipment with long stop warning
- Project: Production line stop alarm
- Project: Sound alarm control unit
- Project: Intruder alarm system controller
- Project: Module heartbeat monitor with 6 inputs
- Created May 14, 2007
- Last modified 5 days ago
- Project status: Given away